Parish Council Intro
Welcome to STOKE BRUERNE Parish Council
The Parish Council is charged with looking after the best interests of the village and the whole parish. The Council is made up of seven unpaid volunteers and our Clerk.
Our duties and responsibilities are many and varied and include:
- viewing planning applications and commenting on them as a consultee,
- organising repairs to street lighting,
- reporting to the county council when repairs are needed to roads and footways,
- liaising with the county council in respect of parking, and with British Waterways in respect of canal issues,
- viewing and considering how new legislation will affect the parish and acting as a consultee in district, county, regional and national decisions that affect our community.
The full Council meets every six weeks on a Tuesday evening at 7.45pm in the Village Hall. In addition other sub-committees such as Planning or Finance meet regularly to discuss relevant issues. Everyone from the parish is welcome to attend and whilst in the main you can only sit and listen time is set aside at each meeting during Public Open Time to allow parishioners to raise any matters that they wish to bring to the Parish Council attention.
The current Parish Councillors are:
CHAIR: Mrs Linda Karklis
VICE-CHAIR: Richard Akers
COUNCILLORS: Mr Jim Tarry; Mr John Smith; Mrs Pat Stimson; Mr Barry Mahoney; Mrs Mercia Cooper
CLERK: Mrs Sally Bramley-Brown, Clematis Cottage, 895 Stoke Road Blisworth - tel 07769 229619
District Councillor: Mrs Sandra Barnes, 11 Lumber Lane, Paulerspury. Tel: 01908 811672
County Councillor : Mr Bernard Ingram, 16 Windmill Avenue, Blisworth. Tel: 01604 858489